The business directory contains web pages for Route 66 businesses and other attractions.
The Powers Museum is located on a tract of land on Route 66 formerly occupied by Taylor Tourist Park and later the Park Motor Court & Cafe. It's directly across the street from Municipal Park, created as a federal public works project during the Great Depression.
The museum's official website states: “For a generation now, the Powers Museum has focused on Carthage's history with annual exhibits of selected themes from the post-Civil War period to the 20th century. Also, the museum has fostered the study of Carthage history through use of its archives and reference library, by providing educational programming on-site and off-site, and by producing cooperative community events such as Chautauqua.”
|About the Powers Museum|
|Owner(s):||Michele Hansford, Director|
|Address:||1617 West Oak (PO Box 593) Carthage, MO 64836|
|Directions:||On West Oak Street (old 66), west side of town, across from Municipal Park. See also our GPS-based Clickable G-Maps.|